Bad designed products in where users don't understand how the product should work, the product is causing frustration when using it, or the product is causing discomfort, pain or injuries. We can help. We focus on the user-interaction and help find solutions for your company and products.
We have worked on user-interaction for big or small companies, products ranging from smart rings, computer keyboards, head- and earphones, voice controlled speakers to even big objects like operating rooms or fire vans. Our experience in this field has helped companies worldwide to create an overall better experiences for their consumers.
Usability is an indicator how easy a user interfaces or a product is to use.
Usability can be defined by five (or six) components, namely
• Learning curve: How easy is it for users to accomplish basic tasks the first time?
• Memorability: Once learned, how easily can users do it correct after the first attempt?
• Efficiency: Once users have learned the design, how quickly can they perform tasks?
• Errors: How many errors do users make, how severe are these errors, etc.
• Satisfaction: How pleasant is it to use the design?
• (Utility: Does it do what users need?)
We are specialized in ergonomic research (or human factors research if you like) for consumer products ranging from task-flow analysis, define reaching maps to improving the physical ergonomics (comfort & fit) for ear- or headphones. Normally the following is requested:
• Set up userpanel & Conduct usertests
• Write ergonomic recommendations for products
• Write ergonomic guidelines for product categories
• Anthropometrics (acquiring ergonomic data)
• Design for Ergonomics
For both (usability and human factors) we help to conduct user tests to test the usability (user-friendliness) of a product and write recommendations how to improve the usability of the product for redesign. Normally we test several variations with the same person at the same time and compare this with a benchmark (the original product).